The Medicine Hat SPCA is pleased to be able to offer you the Walks n' Wags Pet First Aid Certification course! This informative 10 hour Pet First Aid Course is a must for everyone who volunteers, works with, or owns dogs and/or cats. Participants earn a certificate through hands on practice with real animals in a fun filled atmosphere.
You will learn how to deal with cat & dog emergencies, including:
- Immediate steps to take in an emergency
- Recognition of common parasites
- How to handle bleeding wounds
- Bone injuries
- Ear and eye injuries
- Choking skills
- Artificial respiration and CPR
- What to do if your animal is poisoned
- Frostbite, hypothermia, heatstroke and burns
- Administration of medication
- Have the option to bring your own dog with you to practice with
- Take home our extensive, user-friendly manual
- Feb.24/17 5:30-8:30pm and Feb.25/17 9am-4pm
- April 28/17 5:30-8:30pm and April 29/17 9am-4pm
413 6 Ave SE (use 4th St entrance)
Medicine Hat, Alberta
What to bring:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring writing paper and pen/pencil
- There will be a 45 minute lunch break on the Saturday.
- Dogs are welcome if registered ONLY. There are a maximum number of dogs allowed to be registered. Your dog must be obedient, relatively calm, quiet and sociable with other dogs and people as they will be handled by multiple people for demonstrations. Your dog must also be up to date on vaccines, and healthy. We reserve the right to send any dog home if s/he is felt to be disruptive or unsuitable for the class. First aid is covered for cats but due to the environment we regret that cats are unable to attend.
Refunds or transfer requests made within 72 hours of a course will not be granted.
Cost and Payment:
The cost for the 10 hour course is $150.00, which includes a Pet First Aid Manual. 100% of the course fee goes back to the MHSPCA.
To register, please fill out this form:
Want to learn more? Watch this video now to see a class in action!