- About Us
- Upcoming Events
- Contact Us
- 'Extreme Shelter Makeover' Campaign
- Sign Up Now!
Sign up as a MHSPCA monthly donor today and help create a stable source of funding for our work so we can put our energy where it belongs: into protecting and re-homing animals like Momma Mercedes and her 7 pups, and addressing animal overpopulation issues.
Each pup needs to be vaccinated, dewormed and spayed/neutered while in care and puppies sure do eat a lot of food! Just $20/month becomes $240/year - which truly makes a difference!
Have you ever considered opening up your home temporarily to an animal in need? We are currently looking for foster homes, especially for cats! We provide all supplies and medical care. Fostering is an incredibly rewarding way to volunteer for the SPCA. Click here to download the application form now!
We are so pleased to announce that we have been selected as a recipient of a Grant from the CanFel Foundation.
Pet overpopulation is a huge problem all over the world. Medicine Hat and area is no exception, especially when it comes to cats. The Low-Cost Spay Neuter Program was put into place for those individuals wanting to help their animals but who cannot afford to spay or neuter them. If a person is on any kind of financial assistance they may apply for this program and may receive the discounted spay/neuter fees.
We currently have 20 dogs in care at the shelter, 15 of which are puppies. We also have 90 cats, of which 40 are kittens, and 23 small animals. We have a huge need for the following donations:
- Royal Canin Dry and Wet Puppy Food (for consistency in diet so there are less tummy troubles)
- Royal Canin Dry and Wet Gastrointestinal Food or I/D (can be purchased at any vet clinic)
- Kitten wet food - URGENT
- Chicken pate cat food (for consistency in diet so there are less tummy troubles) - URGENT
- Bones for the dogs (non edible, like Nylabone)
We are looking for your help with our newest fundraising campaign - selling Purdy's chocolates for Christmas! This is one of the easiest fundraisers you could ever participate in and a chunk of the money comes back to the MHSPCA! You can buy Purdy's chocolate Christmas gifts for your family/friends online, and/or send this link to your family/friends/coworkers so we can get even more support. See the poster for the details!
*Please note - pick up location is in Medicine Hat*
We are so grateful for the website and graphic design support of Dave Cruickshank of Gaslamp Village Media Inc. He has donated many hours of tech support to help our un-techy staff navigate and manage our website and he creates beautiful graphic designs our our behalf. Thank you Dave!
Check them out at: www.gaslampvillage.com
Our third annual Radiothon was a resounding success! With the overwhelming support of our community, we even surpassed our goal of $20,000. We have so many people and businesses to thank:
Donors over $1000
Medicine Hat Licence Centre
Donors over $500
Ken & Marlene Biemens
Donors over $100
James Jackson - 626 Design
Prepare Your Pet Emergency Supply Kit!
- Just as you do with your family’s emergency supply kit, think first about the basics for survival, particularly food and water. Consider two kits. In one, put everything you and your pets will need to stay where you are. The other should be a lightweight, smaller version you can take with you if you and your pets have to get away. Plus, be sure to review your kits regularly to ensure that their contents, especially foods and medicines, are fresh.